Sunday, October 17, 2010

Online article from Eye Weekly!



Fashion Week’s fresh faces

BY SARAH NICOLE PRICKETT & PATRICIA MONTLE October 13, 2010 17:10



The 28-year-old New Yorker (by way of Calgary) has been in the industry since 2002. Her first show at LG Fashion Week is on Thursday, October 21 at 7pm.

What was the first garment you ever made?
It started with me just draping fabric, three-dimensionally (my strength is in draping). I was working with this one piece of fabric which just sort of came alive with every fold and tuck — it was a matte jersey (viscose) from Italy. Good travel piece.

Name one thing in your collection that we won’t see in anyone else’s.
The way that the fabric is draped and the overall architectural feel of the collection.

Have you practiced your end-of-runway bow? (Don’t lie.)
I actually recently did a fundraising fashion show for Hope Returns, a charity that raises awareness and promotes actions toward ending human trafficking. So, I was able to practice my bow there. We raised $10,000!